Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Help and Advice
The Kent and Medway CCG website has a page of public information about coronavirus that is kept up to date as well as information about what council and community support is available. You can access the website here or by going to www.kentandmedwayccg.nhs.uk/your-health/coronavirus.
General Resources for All
Please click on the following links to find more information on current guidance on Covid-19
- GOV UK: Get a COVID-19 test
- Get a free NHS test to check if you have coronavirus
- Healthier Together: Information for under 18s https://what0-18.nhs.uk/professionals/gp-primary-care-staff
- NHS UK: Coronavirus info & advice https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- NHS UK: Get an isolation note https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
- NHS UK : Mental health support with COVID-19 https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/ev ery-mind-matters/
- NHS UK: Your COVID-19 recovery guide https://www.yourcovidrecovery.nhs.uk/
- NHS Volunteer Responders: Services https://nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk/services
- RCOG UK: Coronavirus infection & pregnancy https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/guidelines-research-services/guidelines/coronavirus-pregnancy/covid-19-virus-infection-and-pregnancy/
- RCOT UK: Managing post-viral fatigue after Covid-19 https://www.rcot.co.uk/recovering-covid-19-post-viral-fatigu e-and-conserving-energy
Resources for Children
Please find below some resources that may be helpful for parent and carers of children and young people with SEND or children and young people themselves.
National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff
Coronavirus Factsheet For Children - Information for children to help them understand what Coronavirus is, the importance of hand washing and how to help stop the virus spreading
Mencap - Easy Read guide to Coronavirus
Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing:
Young Minds - Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family
Carers UK - Guidance for carers about Coronavirus
Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic
Amaze - information pack for parents and carers of children with SEND
Public Health England have produced an easy read version of their Advice on the coronavirus for places of education. You can download it here.
If you are still self-isolating, the NHS Volunteer Responders are here for you.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.