The vaccine is a critical part of beating the pandemic, protecting the most vulnerable and helping everyone return to more normal lives. The NHS in Kent and Medway is committed to ensuring there is a local vaccination service in each of the 42 Primary Care Network areas. For more information, visit www.kentandmedwayccg.nhs.uk/covid19vaccine where you will also find a series of frequently asked questions and answers.
The roll out of the vaccine programme is fast paced and dependent on vaccine supply and delivery. The information on this page will be subject to change as the vaccination programme develops. Updates will also be posted on the Headcorn Surgery Facebook page. For now, please see the information below for patients registered at Headcorn Surgery.
For patients registered at other surgeries who will be vaccinated at the Headcorn Site please visit your own surgery websites for information.
Information for Headcorn Surgery patients
COVID-19 vaccinations have begun and patients are being invited for a vaccination based on the nationally set priority list www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/
The elderly and most at risk from Covid-19 will be vaccinated first.
The vaccination programme will take several months to work through, so it could be some time before you are contacted but work is well underway.
Since 15th December 2020 COVID vaccinations have been offered by The Ridge Primary Care Network (PCN) to patients who are registered at Headcorn Surgery, Len Valley, Bearsted, Sutton Valence and The Orchard Surgery in Langley at The Glebe Medical Centre, Harrietsham, a Wave 1 site.
Headcorn Surgery has now been approved as a Wave 6 site and will start to offer vaccinations for patients registered here and for patients registered at some GP surgeries in the Weald. Vaccinations will begin shortly.
Please do not phone the surgery about this service. Our phone lines are very busy and we would appreciate your support to keep phone lines open for people needing to make appointments for other health matters. We will contact you to book your appointment. Please ensure that we have an up to date mobile phone number as we will contact you first on your mobile. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to update your details.
If you can’t make your appointment please cancel at the earliest opportunity so we can offer this valuable treatment to someone else – please note that we can only cancel bookings for Headcorn patients.
What you need to know before you attend your vaccination appointment
- Covid vaccinations cannot be given within 28 days of a positive Covid test result, or within 7 days of a flu jab.
- When we invite you, you may be asked whether you have a history of severe allergic reactions.
- You will be given two appointments, with the 2nd appointment in 12 weeks time, as the vaccination consists of two vaccines.
- You cannot choose which vaccination you get.
- Please remember to wear your mask and appropriate clothing to your appointment such as a short sleeved top and a coat that can easily be removed.
- You will be required to wait at the surgery for 15 minutes after having the Pfizer vaccine.
- There will be limited parking available at Headcorn Surgery. Please arrive at the surgery as close to your appointment time as possible. If you arrive too early, you may be asked to wait in your car until your appointment time.
- The COVID-19 vaccination clinics at Headcorn Surgery will run in a similar way to the recent flu clinics with one way in and one way out of the building to ensure appropriate social distancing.
The leaflets links below contain more information about the vaccination programme
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.