COVID Booster Vaccination
In line with new advice set out by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) on Tuesday 14 September, the NHS vaccination programme will now invite eligible people, who had their second COVID jab at least six months ago, for a top up. Booster jabs are effective for topping up protection for people who have had both of their jabs from at the very least six months on after their second dose. However, some of those in the original nine priority groups will not be eligible for the top-up until the new year.
Those who are eligible include:
- those living in residential care homes for older adults
- all adults aged 50 years or over
- frontline health and social care workers
- all those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19 and adult carers
- adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals.
The booster vaccinations will be administered at Harrietsham Village Hall, Church Road, ME17 1AP
The clinic dates are:
12/10/2021 : 08.30 - 17.15
03/11/2021 : 08.30 - 17.15
23/11/2021 : 08.30 - 17.15
If you would like to book an appointment, please DO NOT CALL the surgery as our telephone lines are extremely busy and you may struggle to get through. If we have your mobile number, you will be sent a text message. If we do not have your mobile number, you will be contacted by a member of our dedicated COVID Vaccination staff. You also can email any queries or request an appointment to email@example.com.
Published: Sep 24, 2021